CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 7 December 2012

Book Review: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Synopsis:
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.

His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

From Maggie Stiefvater, the bestselling and acclaimed author of theShiver trilogy and The Scorpio Races, comes a spellbinding new series where the inevitability of death and the nature of love lead us to a place we’ve never been before.


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Who Recommended it to Me: Many people :DDD
Who I'd Recommend it to: book-hungry girls with a love for the written word (:

My Review:

I have no words, for once in my life. This was an absolutely amazing book. I want the next book in my hands... right this minute. 

Maggie Stiefvater is my new role model. Her voice in the book is so clear, so real, so amazing. I love the way she writes, and I found myself savoring every single word, wishing that the things she wrote could be the things that I wrote. After reading this beauty of a book, I think I'll reread the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, just for the sake of more of Maggie's writing. While the Wolves of Mercy Falls didn't astonish me like this one did, I want to see if it will a second time around, having realized Maggie's pure talent for writing and making readers be captivated into a story like they've never been before. I also want to buy The Scorpio Races because that's also by her. 

About the book: I LOOOVED it. I can't say anything else! The characters were amaaaazing. I loved Gansey, he easily makes the list on my top book boys of 2012. He was cute, intelligent, and something a lot of guys in books aren't: real! I could totally imagine meeting Gansey in real life, while in a lot of books I've been like, "OK, yeah, this guy sounds hot, but I doubt that you'll actually find a real life guy like him". I didn't feel this way at ALL when I was reading about Gansey, Adam, Noah, and Ronan. Well, maybe not Noah... Oh whatever! i'm not going to put spoilers in this review. :P  I also really liked Blue. For some reason, her mother, Calla, and Persephone seemed kind of obnoxious to me; I don't know why at all. 

Let me warn you, though, romance-seekers: While this book's synopsis might seem like it's a romance book, it's not. It's more about...well, I'm not really sure what it's about, but it's not a romance book. It is based on the fact that Blue cannot kiss someone without killing them, but of course, if she kissed anyone they would die, so there wasn't really much of romance. If you're a romance lover then this wouldn't be on the top of my recommended list, even though I think anyone could enjoy it. I myself am a fan of romance and wished that there could have been a little more romance but it's logical that there wouldn't be much romance, based on the storyline. :)

Anyway, I hope you like this book as much as I do, because it was absolutely phenomenal (I think i spelled that right for once :pp). So buy it the next time you're at a bookstore, and let Maggie's amazing writing take over you. (:

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I loved The Raven Boys. I think Adam has a darker side that's not yet revealed and I can't wait to see what it is.
    I'm a new follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following! :) and for the comment. and your right, i think he DOES have a dark side. :)

      Delete

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!