Hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner.
1. Best book you read in 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)That's like getting a mother to choose her favorite child! I guess I would have to pick Shine by Lauren Myracle. It was life-changing. But I can't just say one book, so I'm breaking it down by genre.
Adult fiction: Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Marley & Me by John Grogan, or Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
Contemporary YA: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen, Looking For Alaska by John Green, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green,
Dystopian YA: Divergent by Veronica Roth, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Sci-fi/supernatural/paranormal-ish: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Fantasy: Graceling by Kristin Cashore, Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going to Love More But Didn't?
A Song For Summer by Eva Ibbotson, or Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Anna Dressed in Blood! I don't usually go for that kind of book, and I wasn't expecting to love it at all, but when I picked it up, it was great!
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Divergent by Veronica Roth. It's one of those books you just have to love.
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, or Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Becca Fitzpatrick (I still haven't finished her series yet, but she's fabulous), Sarah Dessen (every time I read a book by her I am stunned at her ability to write) and John Green (if you've read a book by him, you know why he's one of my favorite new authors).
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Hm, well, that's kind of hard since I'll read just about everything. But I'd have to say Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Normally I would never go so far to even touch a book involving a suicidal high-schooler, but it amazed me. One of my faves of 2012, in fact.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book of 2012?
I seriously couldn't put down The Selection by Kiera Cass. Other than that, probably one of Sarah Dessen's books, or The Hunger Games series.
9. Book you read in 2012 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
The Selection by Kiera Cass, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, or Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Isabelle Lightwood from the Mortal Instruments. She's kick-ass, sexy, and totally full of girl-power.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Where She Went by Gayle Forman. It was beautiful.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
Shine by Lauren Myracle and Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. Shine changed my life. Tiger Lily made me sob.
14. Book you can't believe you wanted UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick definitely! I seriously was freaked out by the cover, but after much persuading from some of my online buddies, I picked it up and couldn't believe that I hadn't read it before!
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2012?
“Oh shit did you just diss the feminine gender
I'll pummel your ass then stick you in a blender
You think I like Tori and Ani so I can't rhyme
But I got flow like Ghostbusters got slime
Objectify women and it's fuckin' on
You'll be dead and gone like ancient Babylon.” - Looking For Alaska by John Green
16. Shortest and Longest book you read in 2012?
Longest: Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (563 pages)
Shortest: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (180 pages)
17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc etc.)
*SPOILERS* When Maxon kisses America for the first time in The Selection, and the moment in The Fault in Our Stars when Hazel first sees Augustus... *sigh*
18. Favorite relationship from a book you read in 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc.)
I loved the relationship between Hazel and Augustus in The Fault in Our Stars, and Tiger Lily and Peter Pan in Tiger Lily.
19. Favorite book you read in 2012 from an author you read previously?
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater <3
20. Best book that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else?
Tiger Lily or Hush, Hush. Tiger Lily was recommended to me by Erika and Hush, Hush was recommended to me by Fari, my Goodreads friend.
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012 (optional)
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
There are so many! Since I only started blogging this year. Maybe Emily's Crammed Bookshelf? I don't know, I love all of you!
2. Favorite review you wrote in 2012?
Definitely my review of Where She Went by Gayle Forman. You can find my review on my Goodreads group's blog, Addicted to YA, by clicking here.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I had a lengthy discussion about the Hunger Games with my sister.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog?
I honestly couldn't choose, I have read so many amazing reviews this year.
5. Best event you participated in?
I didn't participate in any events.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
Wow. Well, all of the comments and support I have received from fellow bloggers. Also, figuring out how to make my blog look pretty like all the other ones was good, too!
7. Most popular post this year on your blog?
Well, if you look at statistics (in terms of page views), my book review of Anna Dressed in Blood has 53 pageviews which is the most of all time.
8. Post you wished got a little more love?
I worked EXTREMELY hard on this post: http://leopardkittybooks.blogspot.ca/2012/12/all-fan-girl-book-series-first.html, and I thought people would love it, but only one person commented! :( Hopefully that is just because they didn't see the post.
9. Best bookish discover?
Um, Blogger of course!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges of goals that you had set yourself in the beginning of the year?
I am ALMOST finished with my 2012 reading challenge on Goodreads of 100 books. I've read 97. So, yay!
1. One book you didn't get to in 2012 but will you your number 1 priority in 2013?
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.
2. Book you are most anticipating for 2013?
There are soo many! But if I had to choose I'd say Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, The Elite by Kiera Cass, or Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.
3. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2013?
First, READ more!! And second, get 100 followers!
Happy End of 2012!