CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 22 December 2012

In My Mailbox (1)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Sirenwhere we spotlight the books that we've received for review, swapped, or purchased that week.

*Note: Since I don't get books sent to me by authors or anything, I will only feature books that I have purchased or received as a gift. 

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen

Pretty girls in pretty dresses, partying until dawn.
Irresistible boys with mischievous smiles and dangerous intentions.
White lies, dark secrets, and scandalous hookups.
This is Manhattan, 1899. Beautiful sisters Elizabeth and Diana Holland rule Manhattan's social scene. Or so it appears. When the girls discover their status among New York City's elite is far from secure, suddenly everyone--from the backstabbing socialite Penelope Hayes, to the debonair bachelor Henry Schoonmaker, to the spiteful maid Lina Broud--threatens Elizabeth's and Diana's golden future.

With the fate of the Hollands resting on her shoulders, Elizabeth must choose between family duty and true love. But when her carriage overturns near the East River, the girl whose glittering life lit up the city's gossip pages is swallowed by the rough current. As all of New York grieves, some begin to wonder whether life at the top proved too much for this ethereal beauty, or if, perhaps, someone wanted to see Manhattan's most celebrated daughter disappear...

In a world of luxury and deception, where appearance matters above everything and breaking the social code means running the risk of being ostracized forever, five teenagers lead dangerously scandalous lives. This thrilling trip to the age of innocence is anything but innocent.


Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours.

But Evie's about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.


What did you guys get this week? Link me up!! :)

27 comments:

  1. The Lux series is really good, it's like a gossip girl but in the 1800's :D I read Paranormalcy a while ago and really liked it. Happy reading!!

    Kaina
    These Flying Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that Paranormalcy has a really quirky main character ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that Paranormalcy has a really quirky main character ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started it yet, but that makes me want to! I love quirky main characters. :)

      Delete
  4. I started wanting to read The Luxe series just because it had such beautiful dresses on the covers so I gave it a shot. How it went out for me was terrible. I didn't finish it and i'm glad that you have different opinions on that because you are still reading it. I hope you have better opinions on it!

    I've also read Paranomalcy and it was an okay book for me but I bet you'll like it much more than I did. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer! :( I actually ended up really enjoying it, but I could see how it might not be some peoples' type of book.

      Delete

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!