CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 3 March 2013

{Review}: Everbound by Brodi Ashton

Everbound
by Brodi Ashton
Series: Everneath #2
Release Date: January 22, 2013
Pages: 368
Goodreads / Purchase
Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity -- a debt that should've been hers. She's living a borrowed life, and she doesn't know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.
Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to COle, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen -- and the one least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself. Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they'd anticipated-- and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack-- even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.
In this enthralling sequel to Everneath, Brodi Ashton tests the bonds of destiny and explores the lengths we'll go to for the ones we love.


*NO WORDS*
Omg, what an amazing book. What a crazy, emotional, insanely amazing book!!! ♥♥

I can't even explain how much I loved this book. So many feels right now. This book was a mind-boggling, amazing adventure that I doubt that I'll ever forget.

These characters *deep breath*. I have a lot to say about them and the difference in them between the first and second books, which was big. In Everbound's predecessor, I disliked Cole. In fact, I hated him so much that I would cluck in disgust every time his name was mentioned. It seemed like he was getting in the way of everything and it also didn't seem like he even liked Nikki that much, just that he wanted to make her his queen and nothing else. In this book Cole was different. He was still a bad boy, but there was something sweeter and more caring about him. In the last book, he was sarcastic and annoying, and in this book, he was just... sweet. I liked him. Yes, I'm going so far to say that I liked him.  My heart pretty much broke for him towards the end of the book (not THE end of the book, when I wanted to punch him in the face), but Ashton did a better job of making you love the characters in this book. A lot of time in this book is spent with Cole, which I wasn't pleased about before I read the book. I wanted it to be spent with Jack--sweet, nice-guy, kind-of-cheesy-but-also-adorable Jack.  I loved him in the first book and I loved him in this book.  For some reason that I can't explain. Usually I like blond boys. Blond bad boys? Totally my type. But I love Jack so much more *swoon*. He was crush-worthy, adorable, and at the end of the book I had some fangirly moments about him. In this book I also liked Nikki better as a character. In the last book, she was boring with a capital 'b'.  In Everbound, though, I got to know her so much better as a character, which I liked a lot. She genuinely seemed like a normal type of girl, despite the crazy things she did. Ok, that might be a little bit of a stretch, but let's just say she was a teenage girl. A teenage girl in love. With 1 1/2 boys.

Onto the writing. Brodi Ashton is a freaking genius. That's all I can say. The way that she tells the story and makes you so interested in it--it's pure genius. Her writing is simple, to the point, and that's what I liked so much about it. It was easy to read, but the action was very fast-paced, so if her writing was complicated or hard to follow, the book would have been a mess. But everything worked so well together--the characters, the writing style, the plot. Ahh!!! The plot!
The plot has one of the most unique, original ideas that I've ever heard of. I don't usually read books about myths because they confuse me, but this one is exceptional. Ashton expressed things in a way that I could understand them. Sometimes it takes me a long time to get foreign concepts, or weird paranormal ideas, but I totally got this one.

I couldn't stop reading this book. I don't think I've ever finished a book so fast during school. I found myself sprinting to the library during study halls just to read this book, when I really should have been doing homework or studying. This book amazed me with its rawness, its amazingness. I'm still fangirling about it, even though I finished it a few days ago.

I need the next book... NOW.

~Cover Talk~

{At the end of each review, I will now post one of these, saying what I like and don't like about the cover}
I'm just completely in love with this cover ;P Every few seconds I would flip the book just to look at the cover for a few seconds before I continued reading.  Looking at an image on the Internet just doesn't cut it; you have to see the cover in person to really realize how gorgeous it is. The bits of fabric coming off the girl's dress looks a little bit like candle smoke, like when you blow out birthday candles and that swirly smoke fills the air. I also love the girl's dress and the cloud. It's much prettier than the last cover. :) I don't dislike anything about this cover. It's perfection ;P

5/5 stars <33333

2 comments:

  1. I love you and your fangirly reviews! They make me feel really excited to read a book :) Will it endanger me if I say I hadn't read this series yet? I don't want to be smacked in the face with Everneath and Everbound by a really devoted fan :P
    I really want to read this series though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read them read them read them! They are amazing. They won't disappoint, trust me! If you're a fan of retellings/mythology/fantasy, then you'll love it :)

      Delete

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!